Senior Tax Accountant
Our ideal candidate:
- CPA or EA certified or working towards either.
- Strong proficiency in corporate, individual and partnership taxation. Ability to prepare complex returns and train staff on more basic to moderate engagements. U.S. international tax experience is helpful.
- Mastery of staff accounting skill set and basic knowledge of US GAAP
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial statements as well as the different types of engagement the firm offers (e.g., preparation, compilation, review). Ability to steer clients to the appropriate engagement and team with firm leadership on appropriate team to serve each engagement type.
- Ability to research and defend tax and accounting recommendations including providing a moderate level of tax planning and consultation services to clients.
- Proactively consider the larger picture of tax planning while preparing returns.…does not get lost in the weeds.
- Effectively prioritizes and handles multiple client engagements concurrently.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as ability to work independently and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Exhibits independent judgement and has ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desires to develop concentrated mastery skillset in a specialized industry, service lines or topical areas. Competency is progressive and expectation is for Tax Seniors to continue growing specialized skillsets as they work towards Manager.
- Meets billable hour targets prescribed by firm.
Soft skills required to excel at this position:
- Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focused.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand highest standard of conduct from self and others.
- Maintains positive attitude through verbal and non-verbal cues.
- njoys teaching, training, and educating staff on new tax code and best practices. Comfortable supervising staff on basic to moderate level engagements.
- Expects to provide highest level of customer service and build working relationships.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision (available), 401K with employer match, PTO plus 7 paid holidays. Traner Smith offers Tuition assistance for employees after 1 year of continued service.
Traner Smith serves clients in the greater northwest, United States, Canada and on four continents. Our staff have a passion for providing exceptional client service to a diverse client base. Our clients include closely held businesses, middle-market businesses, high net worth individuals spanning construction, real estate, retail, professional services, hospitality, and international entities.
Our firm has a unique perspective on growth, technology, and creating a sustainable, lasting business. The next decade will provide a transformation of the accounting and tax profession and we are positioning our firm to thrive in an era of technological advancement and disruption! If you want to be part in creating that future, we encourage you to apply!
Our leading-edge firm features:
- Fully digital and paperless workflow with best-in-class cloud-based technologies.
- A loyal and robust client base built upon a 25-year trust and delivery of exceptional results.
- Prominent advisory and value driven services, comprehensive accounting services and compliance work.
What differentiates Traner Smith as an employer from our competitors is our collaborative approach to growing our business with our employees. We do not ask for a non-compete on clients our staff originate, and we offer a perpetual commission structure that provides continual income-based compensation for growing a book of business. Our company culture is very collaborative, fast-paced, and flexible.