We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in beautiful downtown Edmonds, WA.
At Traner Smith, our dedicated team is made up of passionate professionals who enjoy performing in a dynamic work environment. We are accountable, determined and recognize the value of building strong relationships with clients by skillfully advising individuals and businesses in accounting and income tax.
Traner Smith is rapidly growing to become a modern accounting firm, servicing clients in the greater northwest and Canada and has clients throughout the United States and on four continents. Our people have a passion for providing exceptional client service to a diverse client base. Our clients include closely-held businesses, middle-market businesses, high net worth individuals and international tax issues for individuals and business entities.
This position is responsible for providing management with financial information by researching, analyzing accounts, and preparing financial statements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Assists in ensuring clients compliance with all relevant state/local, federal and international tax laws and regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of tax code changes, and of accounting procedures and theory to properly evaluate financial information.
- Answers tax and accounting questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience as a Staff Accountant or similar role
- Eligible to sit for CPA exam
- Tax experience is preferred, but not required
Abilities & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well over the phone, in person, virtually and through email
- Desire to foster relationships with our clients
- Be analytical and be good at problem solving
- Proficient with technology and adaptive to new tools and skills
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Experience with CCH Axcess Software Suite & QuickBooks® is a plus
- Ability to work additional hours as needed during tax season in exchange for later PTO
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive market-based salary, in accord with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: 5 weeks paid time-off, medical insurance, 401k, and commission bonus on sales
Please submit your cover letter, salary expectations, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!