Soft Skills required to excel at this position:
- High-Impact Performer, Ownership Mentality, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Result Focus.
- Mastery of Tax Senior skill set
- CPA or EA, required
- Advises, trains and supports team members by inspiring them to maximize their current and future potential.
- Mentors team members by taking an active role in developing and leading staff to increase retention and utilization; must have an education mentality with emphasis on teaching new concepts to staff as well as clients.
- Stays at appropriate level of work by looking to delegate technical work to staff member’s and administrative work to Admin. staff; recognition that daily responsibility should align with billable rate.
- Proficient with technical reviews of individual, corporate, partnership, and fiduciary tax returns.
- Applies technical expertise and interprets laws, regulations, and standards to formulate client related recommendations
- Oversight of firm engagements, including budgeting, task assignment and deliverables with an eye on profitability
- Stay abreast of developments and changes in tax law and accounting procedures, and ensure staff are kept informed so they can effectively interact with clients and represent the technical expertise of the firm.
- Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives and production goals; self-starter with ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish successful relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors and industry experts.
- Grasp on clients business; gains client’s confidence through responsiveness, accuracy and efficiency; exhibits comfort and ease in client meetings.
- Must be able to embrace innovation and adapt to various technology platforms
- Communicates with clients to ensure their best interests are achieved including educating clients on different and new ways to achieve their goals.
- Attentive to opportunities to recommend additional firm offerings that create value for our clients.
- Supports and defends company goals, initiatives, and culture; maintains ownership mentality through caring about health of firm and team members.
- Develop mastery of one or more specialty areas, such as GAAP, foreign tax, trust/estate, non-profit, or specific industry knowledge.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Maintains positive attitude through verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Enjoys teaching, training and educating staff on new tax code and best practices. Comfortable supervising staff on basic to moderate level engagements
- Commitment to learning and developing skillset
- Expects to provide highest level of customer service and build working relationships.
- Display drive and purpose in daily responsibilities
- Demonstrating the ability to think beyond accounting and understand client opportunities and goals.
- Actively works with partners on office initiatives and maintains positive presence in working to improve the firm as a business, its operations and as a place of employment.
- High integrity, positive attitude, team player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $135,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
Experience level: 7 years
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Edmonds, WA 98020: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Tax experience: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonds, WA 98020